Dr. Karl Neuhaus at Creekside Dentistry in Amherst, NY offers a number of solutions for crooked teeth. He offers treatment options for straightening teeth with or without braces. Crooked teeth cause more than just cosmetic dental concerns. They have the potential to lead to serious health problems including tooth decay and gum disease. Crooked teeth make brushing and flossing a challenge, allowing food, debris, and plaque to build up between teeth. Even with daily care and routine visits to the dentist, this build-up can cause tooth enamel to wear away and irritate the sensitive gum tissue.
Crooked teeth and misaligned bites can also interfere with proper chewing or even speech. In addition, crooked teeth can cause tension to the teeth, jaws, and muscles. This often leads to headaches, teeth grinding, TMJ-related issues, and worn or broken teeth.
Straightening Teeth With Invisible Braces
Orthodontic treatment is a common method for fixing crooked teeth. This can be achieved either through metal braces or clear braces. Most adult patients prefer to use invisible braces to straighten teeth.
Invisalign is the number one requested brand of invisible braces in the United States. Invisible braces are well suited for patients who have mild to moderate alignment problems.
The benefits of invisible braces vs. metal braces include:
- Effective treatment for a wide variety of alignment problems including crowding, spacing, overbite, and underbite
- Removable trays allow you to eat whatever you want
- Improved hygiene because you can brush and floss normally
- Smooth plastic instead of sharp metal means a more comfortable treatment
- The convenience of visiting our Amherst office to monitor treatment instead of specialist
Straightening Teeth Without Braces
For patients who wish to avoid braces, our office offers options such as cosmetic tooth bonding, porcelain veneers, and dental crowns.
- Dental Bonding: Cosmetic dental bonding is a simple procedure, typically completed in a single visit. The dentist will apply a tooth-colored, biocompatible composite resin directly to the tooth. The composite material is sculpted into the proper shape and form, then “bonded” to the tooth using a special light.
- Porcelain Veneers : Porcelain veneers are a great way to straighten teeth without the use of braces. Made of ultra-thin, translucent ceramic material, porcelain veneers have a highly aesthetic and natural appearance. Porcelain veneers cover the front and sides of teeth and can be used to address other cosmetic concerns such as gaps between teeth or discolored teeth.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap placed over a tooth that is misshaped or crooked. Similar to a porcelain veneer, a dental crown covers the entire tooth rather than just the front or sides. Dental crowns are also used to treat teeth that have been badly damaged, cracked, or suffer from tooth decay.
Treat Crooked Teeth in Amherst, NY
Few people are born with a “perfect smile”. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Neuhaus at Creekside Dentistry in Amherst, NY to find out which treatment options are right for you. Call (716) 262-8070 or request an appointment online.