Dr. Karl Neuhaus is one of the most highly trained dentists in the Amherst, NY, area to place dental implants. He has completed advanced post-graduate coursework at the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID). He remains at the forefront of advances in implant dentistry to provide patients with the highest standard of care.
Prompt and effective tooth replacement is essential for your dental health and your overall quality of life. Although there are many options today for replacing one or more lost teeth, dental implants provide the most natural-looking results with the highest overall patient satisfaction rate.
About Dental Implants in Amherst, NY
A dental implant is a prosthetic tooth covered by a custom dental crown. We permanently secure implants in the jaw with a small titanium post. The post acts as a tooth root, stimulating healthy bone growth to avoid jaw shrinkage, often occurring after tooth loss. A dental implant functions like a natural tooth, enabling patients to enjoy normal speech and a healthy diet without restrictions. With proper dental care and good oral hygiene, a dental implant can last a lifetime.
Parts of the dental implant:
- Implant post: a bio-compatible titanium post that is surgically implanted and fuses to the jaw bone
- Abutment: connects to the implant at the gum line and secures the dental crown or overdenture
- Prosthetic tooth: this can be a dental crown for a single missing tooth or a dental bridge or denture for multiple missing teeth
Types Of Dental Implants
We offer all types of dental implants, depending on your particular dental health needs. Dr. Karl Neuhaus will meet with you to thoroughly evaluate your oral health, discuss your concerns and recommend the option(s) best suited to your unique goals.
- Single tooth dental implants: we can replace your missing tooth with a natural-looking implant that will blend with your natural smile without compromising adjacent teeth to support an appliance.
- Teeth In A Day: also known as “all-on-four,” Dr. Neuhaus can place several strategic mini or traditional implants to secure a hybrid denture for restoring lost teeth or replacing a poorly fitting denture.
- Multiple implants: Dr. Neuhaus offers a secure and permanent option to the dental bridge for patients missing several consecutive teeth.
Schedule A Consultation
Dr. Neuhaus is highly trained in implant dentistry and is a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID). He has the training and experience to place dental implants for patients and can help you achieve a new, comfortable smile that also improves your daily quality of life. Call out Amherst, NY dental office at 716-691-8394 or schedule your appointment online.