Porcelain VeneersAn Overview
Amherst New York dentists Dr. Karl Neuhaus and Dr. Walter Neuhaus use dental veneers for subtle changes, as well as dramatic transformations. Depending on your circumstances, the dentist may use porcelain veneers or composite resin veneers to cover the front of the tooth, giving you a whole new smile.
Who Needs Dental Veneers?
Dental Veneers may be used to:
- Close spaces between teeth
- Improve the appearance of crooked teeth
- Repair chipped or broken teeth
- Cover stained or discolored teeth
Types of Dental Veneers
There are several types of dental veneers available:
- Composite resin veneers are made using a tooth colored, biocompatible material that is applied directly to the tooth and sculpted into place. This type of dental veneer requires little to no preparation to the tooth and is not permanent.
- A lumineer is a type of dental veneer. These also require little to no tooth preparation and can be removed if desired. Lumineers are not for everyone; the dentist can help you decide if they are right for you.
- Porcelain veneers are thin, translucent shells of tooth-like material. Porcelain veneers are highly stain resistant and have similar light reflecting properties compared to natural teeth.
If you are looking for a highly trained cosmetic dentist in Amherst, Tonawanda or Wheatfield, NY contact our office for a consultation. Call (716) 262-8070 or request an appointment online.