Dentures & PartialsAn Overview
Creekside Dentistry understands the physical and emotional difficulty caused by missing teeth. Dr. Neuhaus offers a full range of tooth replacement options that can give you back a beautiful, comfortable and functional smile.
Today’s dentures are more technologically advanced than ever before. There are many options for patients including implant dentures, which provide stable and aesthetically pleasing results for patients. We will evaluate your oral health and discuss the most suitable options for your consideration.
Types of Dentures
- Full Dentures – Full dentures are used to replace all of the upper or lower teeth. Dentures can either be fixed or removable. Fixed dentures, also called implant dentures, are anchored by dental implants. As few as four dental implants may be needed to secure the denture in place, greatly increasing the success rate and satisfaction of the denture.
- Benefits of Implant Dentures – Implant dentures offer a number of benefits compared to removable dentures including:
- Better retention, no chance of slippage
- Improved health of bone and gums
- Ability to eat without restrictions
- No adhesives needed
- More natural look and feel
- Same Day Dentures – Most patients who choose implant dentures will receive same day dentures, also called immediate dentures or dentures in a day. In a procedure known as All On Four, we will coordinate the placement of as few as four dental implants to anchor the denture. The denture will help the dental implants to heal by acting as a splint.
- Partial Dentures – Where full dentures replace the entire lower or upper set of teeth, partial dentures are used to replace several missing teeth. Like full dentures, they can either be fixed or removable. Partial dentures are similar to a dental bridge. If the partial denture is fixed, it is either secured in place using dental crowns or dental implants.
Schedule an Appointment
Trying to find a dentist in Amherst, New York or the surrounding area of Tonawanda and Wheatfield? Creekside Dentistry may be the right dentist to solve your complex dental problems. Find out what treatments are right for you, call (716) 262-8070 or request an appointment online.