Being informed about the rules and regulations about your dental insurance can help you make the most out of your benefits. Towards the end of the year, many patients don’t realize they have unused dental benefits just waiting to be used. Most dental insurance companies don’t allow dental benefits to rollover into the next year. When your dental benefits go unused, you lose them. At Creekside Dentistry in Amherst, NY, we are a practice that is committed to helping our patients achieve a healthier smile. We work with you to help you better understand your insurance and how it applies to our dental office. We offer a range of payment options to ensure you get the treatment you need.
- Payment by cash, check, or major credit card
- Interest-free financing through Care Credit
- Payment schedules for complete treatment plans
- Assistance utilizing your Health Savings Account or flex spending account to maximize tax benefit without high out of pocket costs
- Complimentary filing of claim forms for Dental Insurance benefits
Understanding Your Benefits
To get the most out of your dental benefits, you should understand how dental insurance works. Each insurance company has different rules and coverage options. Most dental insurance companies cover preventive dental care, which includes a comprehensive exam, dental cleaning, and possible dental x-rays. To know what your insurance company covers, contact your insurance company and ask about these topics:
- Deductible: Your deductible is the amount you must pay out of pocket before your dental insurance company can cover part of your treatment. The amount of your deductible varies from insurance company to insurance company, so be sure to ask about your amount.
- Coinsurance: Your coinsurance is the amount of money you may have to pay after your deductible is met. Your insurance company may cover part of the cost, and you may be responsible for the rest.
- Maximums: Your maximum is the max amount of money your dental insurance will cover during your insurance year.
- Limitations: There are limitations to your dental insurance. There should be a list available of what procedures and treatments your dental insurance will cover.
Once you’re better informed about your coverage, benefits, and insurance, you can get the dental treatment you need! If there are any problems or concerns, we can also work with you in our Amherst dental office to determine your benefits.