Porcelain Veneers Amherst NY
Amherst New York dentists Dr. Karl Neuhaus and Dr. Walter Neuhaus use dental veneers for subtle changes, as well as dramatic transformations. Depending on your circumstances, the dentist may use porcelain veneers or composite resin veneers to cover the front of the tooth, giving you a whole new smile.
Who Needs Dental Veneers?
Dental Veneers may be used to:
- Close spaces between teeth
- Improve the appearance of crooked teeth
- Repair chipped or broken teeth
- Cover stained or discolored teeth
Types of Dental Veneers
There are several types of dental veneers available:
- Composite resin veneers are made using a tooth colored, biocompatible material that is applied directly to the tooth and sculpted into place. This type of dental veneer requires little to no preparation to the tooth and is not permanent.
- A lumineer is a type of dental veneer. These also require little to no tooth preparation and can be removed if desired. Lumineers are not for everyone; the dentist can help you decide if they are right for you.
- Porcelain veneers are thin, translucent shells of tooth-like material. Porcelain veneers are highly stain resistant and have similar light reflecting properties compared to natural teeth.
About The Porcelain Veneer Procedure
Porcelain veneers generally take 2 – 3 visits to complete. After a comprehensive evaluation and consultation, the dentist will prepare the teeth by removing a small amount of enamel from each tooth. An impression will be taken and you will be fitted with temporary veneers while your final restorations are being created.
In approximately 2–3 weeks, your new porcelain veneers will be ready to be permanently attached to your teeth. After the dentist checks the fit and color and both you and the dentist are satisfied, a special bonding cement will be used to secure the porcelain veneers to your teeth.
Porcelain Veneers Frequently Asked Questions
How much do porcelain veneers cost?
The cost of porcelain veneers varies depending on the material used, number of porcelain veneers placed and specific condition of the patient. Before treatment, we will complete a full review of the procedure including the porcelain veneer cost. We offer convenient payment options including interest free financing through Care Credit for qualified patients.
How long do porcelain veneers last?
Porcelain veneers are designed to last a lifetime. This longevity can be achieved with proper care and maintenance. That includes a proper at home hygiene routine and regular visits to the dentist for professional cleaning and examination.
Is the porcelain veneer procedure painful?
Patients often worry about pain associated with porcelain veneers. We take steps to ensure that each patient undergoing treatment with porcelain veneers is comfortable and relaxed. It is common for patients to experience some mild sensitivity immediately following treatment. These symptoms generally subside within 1 – 3 days of treatment.
What Do People See When You Smile?
Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Changing your smile with cosmetic dentistry can change your life. People will notice your confidence and personality instead of your dental problems.
If you are looking for a highly trained cosmetic dentist in Amherst, Tonawanda or Wheatfield, NY contact our office for a consultation. Call 716.262.8070 or request an appointment online.