Dental Implant Procedure Amherst, NY
Dr. Karl and Dr. Walter Neuhaus are two of the most highly trained dentists in the Amherst, NY area when it comes to placing dental implants. Both have completed advanced post graduate coursework at the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) and are dedicated to remaining at the forefront of advances in implant dentistry in order to provide patients with the highest standard of care.
Prompt and effective tooth replacement is important for not only your dental health, but for overall quality of life. Although there are many options today for replacing one or more lost teeth, dental implants provide the most natural looking and functioning results with the highest rate of overall patient satisfaction.
About Dental Implants
A dental implant is a prosthetic tooth, in the form of a custom dental crown, which is permanently secured in the jaw with a tiny, titanium post. The post acts like a tooth root, stimulating healthy bone growth to avoid jaw shrinkage which often occurs after tooth loss. A dental implant functions like a natural tooth, enabling patients to enjoy normal speech and a healthy diet without restrictions. With proper dental care and good oral hygiene, a dental implant can last a lifetime.
Parts of the dental implant:
- Implant post: a bio-compatible titanium post that is surgically implanted and fuses to the jaw bone
- Abutment: connects to the implant, at the gum line and secures the dental crown or over denture
- Prosthetic tooth: this can be a dental crown for a single missing tooth or a dental bridge or denture for multiple missing teeth
Types Of Dental Implants
We offer all types of dental implants, depending on your particular dental health needs. Dr. Karl or Dr. Walter Neuhaus will meet with you to thoroughly evaluate your oral health, discuss your concerns and recommend the option(s) best suited to your unique goals.
- Single tooth dental implants: we can replace your missing tooth with a natural looking implant that will blend with your natural smile without compromising adjacent teeth to support an appliance.
- Teeth In A Day: also know as “all-on-four”, Dr. Neuhaus can place several strategic mini or traditional implants to secure a hybrid denture for restoring lost teeth or replacing a poor fitting denture.
- Multiple implants: Dr. Neuhaus offers a secure and permanent option to the dental bridge for patients missing several consecutive teeth.